Subject: Re: [OMPI users] parameters for newer IB card on older OpenMPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 15:43:12

On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Brock Palen wrote:

> Is there any reason I can not unpack a newer MPI and backport the
> config for these newer cards to this version of openMPI?

That should be fine. You can probably just copy the .ini file from newer Open MPI to your installation.

I don't *think* we made any changes (e.g., added new fields), but just in case we did, keep a copy of your old .ini file around until you've verified that the new one works.

For corporate legal information go to: