Subject: [OMPI users] parameters for newer IB card on older OpenMPI
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 15:14:06

We added some Qlogic IB to our system that is newer than our MPI that
we are running (1.3.2) When we run we get an (expected) warning about
tuning options:

WARNING: No preset parameters were found for the device that Open MPI
detected:

   Local host: nyx0878.engin.umich.edu
   Device name: qib0
   Device vendor ID: 0x1175
   Device vendor part ID: 29474

Default device parameters will be used, which may result in lower
performance. You can edit any of the files specified by the
btl_openib_device_param_files MCA parameter to set values for your
device.

NOTE: You can turn off this warning by setting the MCA parameter
       btl_openib_warn_no_device_params_found to 0.

Is there any reason I can not unpack a newer MPI and backport the
config for these newer cards to this version of openMPI?

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]