Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems building Open MPI 1.4.1 with Pathscale
From: Mostyn Lewis (Mostyn.Lewis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 11:42:18

All,

FWIW, Pathscale is dying in the new atomics in 1.4.1 (and svn trunk) - actually looping -

from gdb:

opal_progress_event_users_decrement () at ../.././opal/include/opal/sys/atomic_impl.h:61
61 } while (0 == opal_atomic_cmpset_32(addr, oldval, oldval - delta));
Current language: auto; currently asm
(gdb) where
#0 opal_progress_event_users_decrement () at ../.././opal/include/opal/sys/atomic_impl.h:61
#1 0x0000000000000001 in ?? ()
#2 0x00002aec4cf6a5e0 in ?? ()
#3 0x00000000000000eb in ?? ()
#4 0x00002aec4cfb57e0 in ompi_mpi_init () at ../.././ompi/runtime/ompi_mpi_init.c:818
#5 0x00007fff5db3bd58 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb) list
56 {
57 int32_t oldval;
58
59 do {
60 oldval = *addr;
61 } while (0 == opal_atomic_cmpset_32(addr, oldval, oldval - delta));
62 return (oldval - delta);
63 }
64 #endif /* OPAL_HAVE_ATOMIC_SUB_32 */
65