Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Anybody built a working 1.4.1 on Solaris 8, (Sparc)?
From: Terry Dontje (Terry.Dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 06:36:10

> Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 16:16:29 -0800 From: "David Mathog"
> <mathog_at_[hidden]
>> > We haven't tried Solaris 8 in quite some time. However, for your first
>> > issue did you include the --enable-heterogeneous option on your
>> > configure command?
>> >
>> > Since you are mix IA-32 and SPARC nodes you'll want to include this so
>> > the endian issue doesn't bite you.
>>

> Added that on the configure, rebuilt, installed, and now the examples work.

Glad to hear that.
> Any thoughts on the Forte compiler issue? This is not quite as pressing
> now that the gcc version works, and most of the computation will be on
> the remote nodes anyway. Still, the Forte compilers should generate
> faster code than gcc, and I would prefer to use them if possible.

Are you using the vampir tracing feature? If not I would add the
"--enable-contrib-no-build=vt" option to your configure line and see if
that works.

Beware, I don't think we've tried compiling OMPI with Forte 7. Also
note omp.h is for OpenMP not MPI. It looks like the last error you ran
into with vt_unify.cc may be an issue with the Forte 7 C++ compiler.

--td