Subject: [OMPI users] Executing of external programs
From: Lubomir Klimes (lub.klimes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-08 14:34:29

Hi,

I am new in the world of MPI and I would like to ask you for the help. In my
diploma thesis I need to write a program in C++ using MPI that will execute
another external program - an optimization software GAMS. My question is
wheter is sufficient to use simply the command system(); for executing GAMS.
In other words, will the external program "work" in parallel? If the
question is 'Yes', does someone know whether it will work also with LAM/MPI
instead of OpenMPI?

Thank you for the answer.

Best regards,
Lubajz