Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI checkpoint/restart on multiple nodes
From: Andreea Costea (andre.costea_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-08 08:35:48

I asked this question because checkpointing with to NFS is successful, but
checkpointing without a mount filesystem or a shared storage throws this
warning&error:

WARNING: Could not preload specified file: File already exists.
Fileset: /home/andreea/checkpoints/global/ompi_global_snapshot_7426.ckpt/0
Host: X

Will continue attempting to launch the process.

filem:rsh: wait_all(): Wait failed (-1)
[[62871,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file snapc_full_global.c at line 1054

even if I set the mca-parameters like this:

snapc_base_store_in_place=0
crs_base_snapshot_dir=/home/andreea/checkpoints/local
snapc_base_global_snapshot_dir=/home/andreea/checkpoints/global

and the nodes can connect through ssh without a password.

Thanks,
Andreea