Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Anybody built a working 1.4.1 on Solaris 8 (Sparc)?
From: David Mathog (mathog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-05 19:16:29

Terry Dontje <Terry.Dontje_at_[hidden]> wrote

> We haven't tried Solaris 8 in quite some time. However, for your first
> issue did you include the --enable-heterogeneous option on your
> configure command?
>
> Since you are mix IA-32 and SPARC nodes you'll want to include this so
> the endian issue doesn't bite you.

Added that on the configure, rebuilt, installed, and now the examples work.

Any thoughts on the Forte compiler issue? This is not quite as pressing
now that the gcc version works, and most of the computation will be on
the remote nodes anyway. Still, the Forte compilers should generate
faster code than gcc, and I would prefer to use them if possible.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog_at_[hidden]