Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Progress in MPI_Win_unlock
From: Dorian Krause (doriankrause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-04 12:57:35

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer.

The question to me is: Is an MPI process supposed to eventually exit or
can it be a server process running for eternity?
In the later case, no progress will be made ...

I think it might be helpful to users to give a clarification in the
standard (e.g. in an "advice to users."), especially because obviously
the target in passive target communication is not allowed to be quite so
passive ...

Dorian