Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun links wrong library with BLACS tester
From: Fawzi Mohamed (fawzi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 12:50:09

On 28-gen-10, at 12:35, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

> What was blacs compiled against, lam or ompi?
>
> What is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to?
>
> Are you ensuring to use ompi's mpirun (vs, for example, lam's mpirun)

yes everything was ok, I had tried everything I could think of, rpath,
--prefix,... everything and was really getting mad.
I spent an inordinate amount of time on this, and now that I realized
what it was I just want to hit myself.
On that machine someone just installed all the blacs and scalapack
tests in /usr/bin.
I was doing
        mpirun -np 8 xFbtest_MPI-LINUX-0
instead of
        mpirun -np 8 ./xFbtest_MPI-LINUX-0
so mpirun was using the version in /usr/bin but
        mpirun -np 1 env
        mpirun -np 1 ldd xFbtest_MPI-LINUX-0
and so on did return correct things.

As initially I tested only the blacs and scalapack things it took me a
long time to figure out.
Yesterday before posting I tested the ompi examples and to my surprise
they did work.
Probably those time that it worked I had typed ./ without really
realizing it.

Anyway sorry for the noise, a really stupid mistake that had nothing
to do with ompi

ciao
Fawzi