Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to start MPI_Spawn child processes early?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-27 18:07:43

I can't imagine how you would do that - only thing I can think of would be to start your "child" processes as one job, then start your "parent" processes and have them do an MPI_Comm_join with the child job.

That said, I can't imagine that comm_spawn is -that- slow to make much difference to an HPC application! At least, not in anything I've measured.