Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Searching the FAQ
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-25 19:51:55

On Jan 25, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Gus Correa wrote:

> A) Keep the FAQ, please!

No worries -- I am not asking about removing the FAQ. I was more asking if people wanted the *form* of the FAQ would be useful in a different form.

> B) Add an "ALL FAQ" category, to make keyword search easier
> on web browsers.

Hmm. Not a bad idea. Probably not hard to do.

> C) Please write the (long overdue) FAQ set about the
> OpenMPI collectives!
>
> I asked before, and I beg for it again:
> Please write a set of FAQs about
> OpenMPI collectives, and how to tune them up.

George Bosilca is the owner of this one -- he's the guy with all the knowledge...

> Which algorithms are available for each collective?
> What is the rationale behind these algorithms?
> What is the default algorithm used by each collective?
> How do you enforce the use of a certain collective algorithm?
> What are the pros and cons of hardwiring
> a choice of collective algorithm?
> How to tune up the collective algorithms to your application and to
> your hardware?

George -- if you write something up, I can word smyth it to put it into nice FAQ prose...