Subject: Re: [OMPI users] flex.exe
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-22 05:09:35

Hi,

flex.exe is not generated at compile time, but flex.exe has to be used
to generate those *flex*.c files during compilation, like
show_help_lex.c (a.k.a the flex-generated code).

The windows binary of flex on sourceforge doesn't fit the requirement of
Open MPI, it has some missing features. That's why we have to compile a
new flex.exe for Windows, and put it in the source tree.

Regards,
Shiqing

Ralph Castain wrote:
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if it is generated at -compile- time, then how did it get in the 1.4.1 tarball?
>

> On Jan 22, 2010, at 1:56 AM, Shiqing Fan wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> No, that's not true, we did ship the flex-generated code a time ago, but as that part of code changes sometimes, we decided to generate it during compilation time, and the flex.exe came with the first support of Windows (CMake).
>>

>> Regards,
>> Shiqing
>>
>> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>>
>>> Don't we ship the flex-generated code in the tarball anyway? If so, why do we ship flex.exe?

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
  Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart