Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple with MPI_Info object
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-19 13:44:39

All of the hosts that will be used in the job must be included in the original hostfile - even if the hosts won't be used until comm_spawn.

The name in the hostfile must match the name provided in the info object as we otherwise would have to do DNS resolves to detect the alias, which would have a significant performance impact.