Subject: [OMPI users] MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple with MPI_Info object
From: Federico Golfrè Andreasi (federico.golfre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-19 12:05:53

Hi everyone !

I have to submit you a question,
I write a little code that does and MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple on a specific
set of node.
The node where to run on are specified using the "host" attribute of the
MPI_Info object.
That attribute is filled with the string get from MPI_Get_processor_name.

Is this the correct way of working ?

I have a strange behavior when I use alias in the /etc/hosts file.
(I run jobs in a linux cluster, with CentOS 5).
If I use the alias in the hostfile the spawn process throws me an error;
instead the spawning process (run with the same hostfile) runs correctly.

It seems that is necessary, when using the spawn function with INFO object,
to run the spawning process with a hostfile filled with the "real" and
complete hostname.
Or I have to use a different function to get the host name?

Thank you very much,
Federico