Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Win32 compilation broken (MSVC2008, OpenMPI1.4.1)
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-19 11:21:57

Hi,

The heterogeneous support hasn't been tested on Windows, and it might
have problems if you enable it. But if you disable it for Windows, it
should work.

And for the linking problem you got with CMake 2.8, I have already filed
a ticket to fix it, see: https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/2169
. So to get rid of it, you could either use CMake 2.6 series or use Open
MPI trunk.

Thanks,
Shiqing

T. Farago wrote:
> Information: Windows XP SP3 x86, MSVC 2008 Professional, openmpi 1.4.1
>
> There is a compile error if I enable heterogeneous support, see error
> message below. The relevant line is:
> payload= (void*)malloc(buflen);
> ompi/mca/osc/rdma/osc_rdma_data_move.c(1059): error C2440: '=': cannot
> convert from 'void *' to 'void **'
>
> gcc doesn't complain, I've changed void* to void** which seems to
> "fix" the problem
>
> Also when generating the MSVC2008 project files through CMake (2.8.0)
> there are linker errors for all the project files. libopen-pal.lib and
> libopen-rte.lib aren't linked in with the other projects. I couldn't
> fnd anything in CMake to fix this, so I manually edited each project
> file to change LinkLibraryDependencies to TRUE which for some reason
> is set to FALSE by CMake. The relevant option in Visual Studio is in
> Configuration Properties > Linker > General > Link Library
> Dependencies. I am not familiar with CMake so unfortunately I can't
> offer a proper solution.

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
  Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart