Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Checkpoint/Restart error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-15 10:30:13

On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Andreea Costea wrote:

> - I wanted to update to version 1.4.1 and I uninstalled previous version like this: make uninstall, and than manually deleted all the left over files. the directory where I installed was /usr/local

I'll let Josh answer your CR questions, but I did want to ask about this point. AFAIK, "make uninstall" removes *all* Open MPI files. For example:

-----
[7:25] $ cd /path/to/my/OMPI/tree
[7:25] $ make install > /dev/null
[7:26] $ find /tmp/bogus/ -type f | wc
    646 646 28082
[7:26] $ make uninstall > /dev/null
[7:27] $ find /tmp/bogus/ -type f | wc
      0 0 0
[7:27] $
-----

I realize that some *directories* are left in $prefix, but there should be no *files* left. Are you seeing something different?