Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Rapid I/O support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-14 15:08:34

On Jan 14, 2010, at 1:59 PM, TONY BASIL wrote:

> I am doing a project with an HPC set up on multicore Power PC..Nodes will be connected
> using Rapid I/O instead for Gigabit Ethernet...I would like to know if OpenMPI supports
> Rapid I/O...

I'm afraid not. Before your post, I had never heard of Rapid IO.

That being said, Open MPI is based on plugins, so someone could write a plugin for Radio IO support, if they were so inclined.

> If not is there any alternative other than Gigabit ethernet...The network traffic will be
> huge as data comes from a sensor...so a faster alternative is preferred...

Open MPI supports a wide variety of networks:

    - OpenFabrics: InfiniBand and iWARP
    - Myrinet: GM and MX
    - Qlogic PSM
    - Portals