Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMPI checkpoint/restart
From: Andreea Costea (andre.costea_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-14 02:50:26

Hei there

I have some questions regarding checkpoint/restart:

1. Until recently I thought that ompi-restart and ompi-restart are used to
checkpoint a process inside an MPI application. Now I reread
this<http://www.osl.iu.edu/research/ft/ompi-cr/tools.php>and I
realized that actually what it does is to checkpoint the mpirun
process. Does this mean that if I run my application with multiple processes
and on multiple nodes in my network the checkpoint file will contain the
states of all the processes of my MPI application?

2. Can I restart the application on a different node?

Thanks a lot,
Andreea