Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI less fast than MPICH
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-13 20:13:35

More likely the difference is due to the fact that MPICH does some automatic process binding and OMPI doesn't. There have been a number of discussions on this list about this issue. You might search the list for "MPICH" to find them.

See the OMPI FAQ on affinity:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#using-paffinity