Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compilig CG.W.8 benchmark
From: chan_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-01-12 12:07:24

To compile fortran application with MPE, you need Fortran to C wrapper
library, e.g. libmpe_f2cmpi.a or the one that comes with OpenMPI. Your
link command should contain at least the following

mpif77 -o cg_log cg.f -lmpe_f2cmpi -llmpe -lmpe.

To simplify the process, the recommended way to enable MPE is to use
the MPI wrapper that comes with MPE, i.e. mpefc, (unless you are using
a very old version of MPE). Assuming your MPE is built with OpenMPI,
your link line becomes

mpefc -mpilog -o cg_log cg.f.

If I recall correctly, the simplest way to insert mpefc in one of the latest
version of NAS parallel benchmark is in config/make.def. Replace the Fortran
compiler in the file as

MPIF77 = mpefc -mpilog (or F77 = mpefc -mpilog depends on NPB version)

A.Chan