Subject: [OMPI users] Problems compiling OpenMPI 1.4 with PGI 9.0-3
From: Tim Miller (btamiller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-06 12:06:06

Hi All,

I am trying to compile OpenMPI 1.4 with PGI 9.0-3 and am getting the
following error in configure:

checking for functional offsetof macro... no
configure: WARNING: Your compiler does not support offsetof macro
configure: error: Configure: Cannot continue

I have searched around and found that this error occurs because of a problem
in the configure scripts when PGI 10 is used, but I'm using 9.0-3 which
should not have the configure script issue. Here is the output of pgcc -V:

pgcc 9.0-3 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp k8-64e
Copyright 1989-2000, The Portland Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2000-2009, STMicroelectronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

I'm not sure what's wrong here as other people have reported being able to
build OpenMPI with PGI 9. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim Miller