Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to test it
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-05 15:14:52

You might want to try something simpler than java to start with. For example:

mpirun -np 4 hostname

(where hostname is the POSIX command line app, not an MPI app)

You should see the hostnames from the first 4 hosts in your hostfile (assuming each one of them has 1 process slot). Then try running the samples that are in the examples/ directory in the Open MPI tarball (make sure that the example executables are available in the same location on every node). For example:

cd examples
make
mpirun -np 4 hello_c

That's a trivial C MPI application that is the MPI equivalent of "hello world".