Subject: [OMPI users] checkpointing multi node and multi process applications
From: Jean Potsam (jeanpotsam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-19 07:42:47

Hi Everyone,
                       I am trying to checkpoint an mpi application running on multiple nodes. However, I get some error messages when i trigger the checkpointing process.

Error: expected_component: PID information unavailable!
Error: expected_component: Component Name information unavailable!

I am using  open mpi 1.3 and blcr 0.8.1

I execute my application as follows:

mpirun -am ft-enable-cr -np 3 --hostfile hosts gol.

My question:

Does openmpi with blcr support checkpointing of multi node execution of mpi application? If so, can you provide me with some information on how to achieve this.

Cheers,

Jean.