Subject: Re: [OMPI users] NetBSD OpenMPI - SGE - PETSc - PISM
From: Aleksej Saushev (asau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-18 14:07:28

  Hello!

[Note! PISM and PETSc mailing lists are removed from cc list.]

Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Dec 17, 2009, at 5:55 PM, <Kevin.Buckley_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I guess this means that the PISM and PETSc guys can "stand easy"
>> whilst the OpenMPI community needs to follow up on why there's
>> a "addr.sa_len=0" creeping through the interface inspection
>> code (upon NetBSD at least) when it passes thru the various
>> IPv6 stanzas.
>
> Ok. We're still somewhat at a loss here, because we don't have any
> NetBSD to test on. :-( We're happy to provide any help that we can,
> and just like you, we'd love to see this problem resolved -- but
> NetBSD still isn't on any of our core competency lists. :-(

I know another person who's interested in OpenMPI, perhaps he can
provide testing environment with limited access.

It would be nice, if you'd comment my message <87638a89yx.fsf_at_[hidden]>
and either apply patches or explain what is wrong with them.
In particular getifaddrs part is the most interesting, RPATH issues can
wait and I admit that they may require more testing.

> FWIW, we might want to move this discussion to the devel_at_[hidden] mailing list...

I'd prefer some way that doesn't fill my inbox with yet more unrelated mail.
Is there a way to subscribe for posting only?

--
HE CE3OH...