Subject: [OMPI users] NetBSD OpenMPI - SGE - PETSc - PISM
From: Kevin.Buckley_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-12-17 17:55:03

A whole swathe of people have been made aware of the issues
that have arisen as a result of a researcher here looking to
run PISM, which sits on top of PETSc, which sits on top of

I am happy to be able to inform you that the problems we were
seeing would seem to have been arising down at the OpenMPI

If I remove any acknowledgement of IPv6 within the OpenMPI
code, then both the PETSc examples and PISM application
have been seen to be running upon my initial 8-processor
parallel environment when submitted as an Sun Grid Engine

I guess this means that the PISM and PETSc guys can "stand easy"
whilst the OpenMPI community needs to follow up on why there's
a "addr.sa_len=0" creeping through the interface inspection
code (upon NetBSD at least) when it passes thru the various
IPv6 stanzas.

Thanks for all the feedback on this from all the quarters,

Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971
 Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington
New Zealand