Subject: Re: [OMPI users] NFS and openmpi through different NICs
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-15 11:20:16

Hi Dmitry

Yes, we do it here.

Besides Bill's recommendations
you can also use different host/interface names
for, say, eth0 and eth1, in /etc/hosts.

Moreover, you should set OpenMPI to use only the specific
subnet/ports you want to dedicate to MPI, say, eth1.
See these faq:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tcp#tcp-selection
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=sysadmin#sysadmin-mca-params

Also, add "sm" to the -mca btl parameters.

My $0.02.
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA