Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun only works when -np <4 (Gus Correa) RESOLVED FOR NOW
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-10 17:17:59

Hi Matthew, Mark, Mattijs

Great news that a solution was found, actually two,
which seem to have been around for a while.
Thanks Mark and Mattijs posting the solutions.
Much better that all can be solved by software,
with a single mca parameter.

A pity that it took a while for the actual
nature of the problem to be identified.\
I have no Nehalem to test, so I could only speculate about
possible causes.

For a while it looked like as a specific code issue
(MrBayes and ABySS that Matthew uses) or a broken MPI package,
or BIOS settings, etc.
It only became clear that was not the case when Matthew
had the same problem with the test programs ring_c, connectivity_c, etc.

Matthew: After all this mess, could you eventually compile and
run MrBayes and ABySS?
Do they work right?
Efficiently?

Good luck on your research.