Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem building OpenMPI with PGI compilers
From: Joshua Bernstein (jbernstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-10 16:02:37

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2009, at 4:36 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Given that we haven't moved this patch to the v1.4 branch yet (i.e., it's not
> yet in a nightly v1.4 tarball), probably the easiest thing to do is to apply
> the attached patch to a v1.4 tarball. I tried it with my PGI 10.0 install
> and it seems to work. So -- forget everything about autogen.sh and just
> apply the attached patch.

Is there a reason why it hasn't moved into 1.4 yet or wasn't included with the
1.4 release?

Can I toss my two cents in here and request it be made available in a mainline
release, or at least in a snapshot sooner rather then later? I'd like to get it
included in our build in time for our next release.

-Joshua Bernstein
Senior Software Engineer
Penguin Computing