Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Pointers for understanding failure messages on NetBSD
From: Kevin.Buckley_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-12-08 23:51:34

>> I attach a patch, but it doesn't work and I don't see where the
>> error lies now. It may be that I'm doing something stupid.
>> It produces working OpenMPI-1.3.4 package on Dragonfly though.
> Ok, I'll try and merge it in to the working stuff we have here.
> I, obviously, just #ifdef'd for NetBSD as that is all I have to
> try stuff out against.

I mereged your __DragonFly__ stuff into my patch and applied it
against the NetBSD build.

Things are still running on NetBSD albeit with the temporary name
resolution issues. These come from a routine in opal/util/net.c

and it is being called from:

I've looked at these routines before, it was how I discovered
that the s_len was not being set, so I'll have another dig
around and see if I can see why the temporary errors occur, and,
indeed, if they are actually temporary.

The contents of the NetBSD patches directory I have been using,
including your stuff, is now here:

Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971
 Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington
New Zealand