Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Mimicking timeout for MPI_Wait
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-04 13:38:05

On Dec 3, 2009, at 3:31 AM, Katz, Jacob wrote:

> I wonder if there is a BKM (efficient and portable) to mimic a timeout with a call to MPI_Wait, i.e. to interrupt it once a given time period has passed if it hasn’t returned by then yet.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does BKM stand for?

Open MPI does not currently implement a timeout-capable MPI_WAIT. Such functionality probably could be implemented (e.g., in the MPIX "experimental" namespace), especially since Open MPI polls for progress -- it could check a timer every so often while polling -- but no one has done so.