Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Program deadlocks, on simple send/recv loop
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-03 10:56:39

On Dec 1, 2009, at 8:09 PM, John R. Cary wrote:

> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> (for the web archives)
>>
>> Brock and I talked about this .f90 code a bit off list -- he's
>> going to investigate with the test author a bit more because both
>> of us are a bit confused by the F90 array syntax used.

Jeff, I talked to the user this morning, that data is contiguous in
memory, sans any PGI compiler voodoo,
The allocation statement is ok:
allocate(vec(vec_size,vec_per_proc*(size-1)))

This allocates memory vec(32768, 2350)

Note that Fortran is column major in memory, that explains (I knew
this sorry forgot) why the indexes are switched,

Brock Palen