Subject: [OMPI users] MPI::WORLD_COMM.Send Complex class structure defined in boost::ptr_vector
From: Ivan Marin (ispmarin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-02 14:37:55

Hello all,

I'm developing an groundwater simulation application that will use openmpi
to distribute the data and solve a linear system. The problem is that my
primary data structure is composed of a base class and derived classes, and
they are inserted in a boost ptr_vector, as they are of different class
types, with <goog_1259695724977> inheritance and pointers to other members
of the vector. I would like to pass parts of this vector to the processes,
to build locally the matrix, but I don't know how to do it. I followed the
discussion on this thread (
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2009/07/9852.php), and the
route to use boost.MPI the only way out?

I can provide the class template, if this would help. I'm using openmpi
1.3.3 on debian sid amd64.

Ivan Marin

Laboratório de Hidráulica Computacional - LHC
Departamento de Hidráulica e Saneamento - SHS
Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - EESC
Universidade de São Paulo - USP

http://albatroz.shs.eesc.usp.br
+55 16 3373 8270