Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ompi-restart using different nodes
From: Jonathan Ferland (jonathan.ferland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-02 12:01:56

Hi Josh,

In case it help, I am running 1.3.3 compiled as follow :
 ../configure --enable-ft-thread --with-ft=cr --enable-mpi-threads
--with-blcr=... --with-blcr-libdir=...--disable-openib-rdmacm --prefix=....

I ran my application like this :
mpirun -am ft-enable-cr --hostfile host -np 2 ./a.out

where host contains:
node1
node2

This way it work if I checkpoint restart :
ompi-restart -hostfile host ompi_global_snapshot_....ckpt

but if I then change the host to (just swapping nodes):
node2
node1

then it crash...

thanks