Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI without IPoIB
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-01 19:55:15

You might also want to ensure that your Open MPI was built with
OpenFabrics support (i.e., to use verbs directly instead of IPoIB).
Try this:

    ompi_info | grep openib

If that returns a line with "openib" and "btl" in it, then your Open
MPI has OpenFabrics support (we named the plugin "openib" way back
when the OpenFabrics project was named "OpenIB" -- we stuck with the
name rather than updating it). If the output is empty, then your Open
MPI wasn't build with verbs/OpenFabrics support.