Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun is using one PBS node only
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-01 19:05:46

On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:02 PM, Belaid MOA wrote:

> The information on the following link has mislead me then:
> http://www.physics.iitm.ac.in/~sanoop/linux_files/cluster.html
> (check OpenMPI Configuration section.)

Yes, this page is definitely incorrect if you want to run with PBS/TM
support -- you definitely need to install with TM support on all nodes.

The reason is that PBS will launch your script (and therefore
"mpirun") on the first node of the job. This node must have an Open
MPI mpirun with TM support so that it can query PBS to get the nodes
to launch on, use the TM API to launch processes on the nodes
allocated to the job, etc.