Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configuration settings for Mac OSX
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-01 12:24:50

On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Jurgen Heymann wrote:

> Thank you for your feedback. In all cases, I installed it clean.
> After consulting the mpiBLAST user group, I learned that there is an
> issue building mpiBLAST with openMPI on Intel platforms and that it
> is being investigated. Once I learn more about it, I will post it
> here. I would still try to get mpiBLAST built on PPC (OS 10.4) using
> openMPI and I would appreciate any hints regarding settings for
> running ./configure.

You shouldn't need any special configure settings -- Open MPI should
just configure and install and generally do the Right Things. I have
an MacBook Pro that I do a fair amount of development on (Intel, not
PPC); so everything should "just work" under OSX. OMPI's configure
script automatically picks up intel-vs-PPC kinds of differences -- you
shouldn't need to do anything special.