Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI Processes and Auto Vectorization
From: amjad ali (amjad11_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-01 08:00:57

Hi,
thanks T.Prince,

Your saying:
"I'll just mention that we are well into the era of 3 levels of programming
parallelization: vectorization, threaded parallel (e.g. OpenMP), and
process parallel (e.g. MPI)." is a really great new learning for me. Now I
can perceive better.

Can you please explain a bit about:

" This application gains significant benefit from cache blocking, so
vectorization has more opportunity to gain than for applications which have
less memory locality."

So now should I conclude from your reply that if we have single core
processor in a PC, even than we can get benefit of Auto-Vectorization? And
we do not need free cores for getting benefit of auto-vectorization?

Thank you very much.