Subject: [OMPI users] Problem on openmpi run
From: Jiaye Li (jameslipd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 21:39:35

Dear users

I installed openmpi 1.3.3 on my PC (single core & quad-processes). The
compilation reported no error and I have found the executable file in the
configure directory. But when I try to test it, I met a problem.

I tested it with Vasp and PWscf programs, respectively. I typed "mpirun -np
4 vasp &", and then it runs like four separated processes (not parallel
run), which looks like "mpirun -np 1 vasp &" X 4. Moreover, I tested it with
pwscf by "mpirun -np 4 pwscf <input >output &", only 25% of cpu was taken
up.(It should have been 100%, 4 processes).

Could anybody help me to fix this problem? Thank you in advance.

--
Sincerely yours
Jiaye Li