Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Behavior of MPI_Send
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-15 12:55:19

No. The MPI standard only guarantees that the local buffer is
available for re-use when MPI_SEND returns. It does not guarantee
anything about the receiver or the transmission of the message. If
you need a guarantee about receiver behavior, try MPI_SSEND -- it
won't return until the receiver has posted a matching receive (but
does not guarantee that the receiver has *finished* receiving the
message).