Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Release date for 1.3.4?
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-12 10:20:08

Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I think Eugene will have to answer this one -- Eugeue?
>
> On Nov 12, 2009, at 6:35 AM, John R. Cary wrote:
>
>> From http://svn.open-mpi.org/svn/ompi/branches/v1.3/NEWS I see:
>>
>> - Many updates and fixes to the (non-default) "sm" collective
>> component (i.e., native shared memory MPI collective operations).
>>
>> Will this fix the problem noted at
>>
>> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/2043

I've been devoting a lot of time to this one. There seems (to me) to be
something very goofy going on here, but I've whittled it down a lot. I
hope soon to have a simple demonstration of the problem so that it'll be
possible to decide if there is a problem with OMPI, GCC 4.4.0, both, or
something else. So, I've made a lot of progress, but you're asking how
much longer until it's solved. Different question. I don't know. This
is not a straightforward problem.