Subject: [OMPI users] ipo: warning #11009: file format not recognized for /Libraries_intel/openmpi/lib/libmpi.so
From: vasilis gkanis (gkanis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-10 08:44:59

Dear all,

I am trying to compile openmpi-1.3.3 with intel Fortran and gcc compiler.

In order to compile openmpi I run configure with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/Libraries/openmpi FC=ifort --enable-mpi-f90

OpenMpi compiled just fine, but when I am trying to compile and link my program
against mpi, I get the following error:

ipo: warning #11009: file format not recognized for
/Libraries_intel/openmpi/lib/libmpi.so
ld: skipping incompatible /Libraries_intel/openmpi/lib/libmpi.so when
searching for -lmpi
ld: cannot find -lmpi

I have updated the LD_LIBRARY_PATH file.

Does anybody know what this error mean?

Thank you,
Vasilis