Subject: Re: [OMPI users] an environment variable with same meaning than the -x option of mpiexec
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-10 06:21:01

On Nov 10, 2009, at 2:48 AM, Paul Kapinos wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>

>> Not at the moment - though I imagine we could create one. It is a
>> tad tricky in that we allow multiple -x options on the cmd line,
>> but we obviously can't do that with an envar.
>
> why not?
>
> export OMPI_Magic_Variavle="-x LD_LIBRARY_PATH -x PATH"
> cold be possible, or not?

That is basically what I had in mind, but it now requires that we
parse it. My point was that you can't do

export OMPI_dash_x="foo"
export OMPI_dash_x="bar"

like you would do on the cmd line itself, so now there has to be a
special parser for handling the envar separate from the cmd line entry.

Not a big deal - just takes some code...which is why it isn't an
immediate response.