Subject: Re: [OMPI users] an environment variable with same meaning than the-x option of mpiexec
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-10 04:53:14

Hi Jeff,

> FWIW, environment variables prefixed with "OMPI_" will automatically be
> distributed out to processes.

Of course, but saddingly the variable(s) we want to ditribute aren't
"OMPI_" variable.

> Depending on your environment and launcher, your entire environment may
> be copied out to all the processes, anyway (rsh does not, but
> environments like SLURM do), making the OMPI_* and -x mechanisms
> somewhat redundant.
>
> Does this help?

By now I specified the $MPIEXEC variable to "mpiexec -x BLABLABLA" and
advice the users to use this. This is a bit ugly, but working
workaround. What i wanted to achieve with my mail, was a less ugly
solution :o)

Thanks for your help,

Paul Kapinos