Subject: Re: [OMPI users] an environment variable with same meaning than the-x option of mpiexec
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-07 16:19:32

FWIW, environment variables prefixed with "OMPI_" will automatically
be distributed out to processes. From mpirun(1):

    Exported Environment Variables
        All environment variables that are named in the form OMPI_*
will auto-
        matically be exported to new processes on the local and
remote nodes.
        The -x option to mpirun can be used to export specific
environment
        variables to the new processes. While the syntax of the -
x option
        allows the definition of new variables, note that the parser
for this
        option is currently not very sophisticated - it does not
even under-
        stand quoted values. Users are advised to set variables in
the envi-
        ronment and use -x to export them; not to define them.

Depending on your environment and launcher, your entire environment
may be copied out to all the processes, anyway (rsh does not, but
environments like SLURM do), making the OMPI_* and -x mechanisms
somewhat redundant.

Does this help?