Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Distribute app over open mpi
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-06 22:26:39

I'm afraid we don't position binaries for you, though we have talked
about providing that capability. I have some code in the system that -
will- do it for certain special circumstances, but not in the general
case, and much of the required infrastructure exists in the code
today. I'm not sure how well that will do what you want.

There are a number of reasons why we don't do it (locating required
libraries, etc) - I think they have been reported on the user list
several times over the years.