Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun example program fail on multiple nodes- unable to launch specified application on client node
From: qing.pang (qing.pang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-06 11:44:16

This sounds like what I need exactly. But when I tried it, I got the
following problem - I'm working on my Desktop, and trying to preload
the executable to my laptop.

gordon_at_gordon-desktop:~/Desktop/openmpi-1.3.3/examples$ mpirun
-machinefile machine.linux -np 2 --preload-binary $(pwd)/hello_c.out
gordon_at_gordon-desktop's password:
WARNING: Remote peer ([[18118,0],1]) failed to preload a file.

Exit Status: 256
Local  File: /tmp/openmpi-sessions-gordon_at_gordon-laptop_0/18118/0/hello_c.out
Remote File: /home/gordon/Desktop/openmpi-1.3.3/examples/hello_c.out
Command:
  scp  gordon-desktop:/home/gordon/Desktop/openmpi-1.3.3/examples/hello_c.out
/tmp/openmpi-sessions-gordon_at_gordon-laptop_0/18118/0/hello_c.out

Will continue attempting to launch the process(es).
mpirun was unable to launch the specified application as it could not access
or execute an executable:

Executable: /home/gordon/Desktop/openmpi-1.3.3/examples/hello_c.out
Node: node1

while attempting to start process rank 1.

I typed in my password for master node account when asked for it. But
why I was asked for my password on master node - I am working under
this account anyway?

--qing