Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun example program fail on multiple nodes- unable to launch specified application on client node
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-06 08:09:36

As an alternative technique for distributing the binary, you could ask
Open MPI's runtime to do it for you (made available in the v1.3
series). You still need to make sure that the same version of Open is
installed on all nodes, but if you pass the --preload-binary option to
mpirun the runtime environment will distribute the binary across the
machine (staging it to a temporary directory) before launching it.

You can do the same with any arbitrary set of files or directories
(comma separated) using the --preload-files option as well.

If you type 'mpirun --help' the options that you are looking for are:
    --preload-files <arg0>
    --preload-files-dest-dir <arg0>
                          with --preload-files. By default the
absolute and
                          relative paths provided by --preload-files are
-s|--preload-binary Preload the binary on the remote machine before

-- Josh