Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun example program fail on multiple nodes - unable to launch specified application on client node
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-05 16:19:41

On Nov 5, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Qing Pang wrote:

> Thank you Jeff! That solves the problem. :-) You are the lifesaver!
> So does that means I always need to copy my application to all the
> nodes? Or should I give the pathname of the my executable in a
> different
> way to avoid this? Do I need a network file system for that?

Your executable needs to be available on all nodes, yes, whether you
have copied it out there or whether you use a network filesystem. For
a small number of nodes, using a network filesystem is likely much
more convenient.

See http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#do-i-need-a-common-filesystem