Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help: Firewall problems
From: Terry Dontje (Terry.Dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-05 13:36:53

Technically MPI Spec may not put a requirement on TCP/IP, however Open
MPI's runtime environment needs some way to launch jobs and pass data
around in a standard way and it currently uses TCP/IP. That being said
there have been rumblings for some time to use other protocols but that
has not yet come into being.

--td