Subject: Re: [OMPI users] (no subject)
From: Peter Kjellstrom (cap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-30 12:26:41

On Friday 30 October 2009, Konstantinos Angelopoulos wrote:
> good part of the day,
>
> I am trying to run a parallel program (that used to run in a cluster) in my
> double core pc. Could openmpi simulate the distribution of the parallel
> jobs to my 2 processors

If your program is an MPI program then, yes, OpenMPI on your PC would allow
you to use both cores (assuming your job can fit on the PC of course).

> meaning will qsub work even if it is not a real
> cluster?

qsub has nothing to do with MPI it belongs to the work load management system
or batch queue system. You could install this on your PC as well (see for
example torque, SGE or slurm).

/Peter